Prep Time: about 15 minutes, 35 to bake
Author: this recipe is from my MIL, Momma Marsha!
1 stick butter, unsalted
1 C sugar, (I use Baker’s)
1 C sour cream (I use Light)
1 t baking soda
1 1/2 C all purpose flour (I use unbleached)
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 t pure vanilla
1/4 C brown sugar (I use dark)
2 T chopped nuts (Pecans or Walnuts are tasty)
1 T cinnamon
1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream the butter and the sugar; add eggs one at a time. Mix the sour cream with the baking soda, then add to the egg/sugar/butter mixture. Blend flour into creamed mixture; add vanilla.
3. Prepare topping in small dish and set aside.
4. Pour 1/2 of the cake mixture into a greased 9″ pan (round or square). Sprinkle 1/2 of the topping onto the cake, then pour the rest of the cake mixture over the topping. Repeat with the rest of the topping.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown!