That’s quite a title, eh? This is a recipe I had over at my other blog for the
longest time. It’s pre-cooking blog fodder. Anyway, it is one of the most delectable yellow cakes I’ve made. I’m planning to make it later tonight..the butter is softening now. 😀
1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
2 Cups sugar (finely pulverized or use the Baker’s Sugar that’s extra fine)
2 Lg eggs
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 Cups all purpose flour (i use unbleached)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Cups warm milk
1. Preheat oven to 350, generously spray pan and if using a bundt with a design, flour it also. (You may want to put something underneath the pan too as you might get a little overflow-I did)
2. In a mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and blend well.
3. Fold in flour, baking powder, and salt. Drizzle in milk, blending well and ensuring that nothing is stuck in the bottom or sides of the mixer.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake 35-40 minutes, or until cake tests done when gently pressed with fingertips. Let cool 15 minutes. Remove and place on a serving plate, dust with powdered sugar.
5. Serve with fresh whipped cream and sliced strawberries!
This is also really great with a lemon glaze on top or with other fruits!