This recipe is actually Emeril’s Strawberry Lemonade that appeared in Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food Magazine last month. But our family renamed it “Goldrush” lemonade because it cost me a fortune! Please, be smarter than I was and check the price of lemons before you make this. It IS very good and worth making…
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (from 6 lemons), plus 1 lemon, sliced, for serving
- 1 pound strawberries (3 cups), hulled and halved
- 16 ounces seltzer, chilled
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water and sugar to a boil over medium-high. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, 2 minutes. Transfer to a pitcher and refrigerate until cool, about 45 minutes. Add lemon juice and stir to combine.
- In a blender, puree strawberries until smooth. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into pitcher with lemon syrup, pressing on solids. Stir well to combine. (Apparently my sieve was not fine enough so this was pointless…the seeds are not that bad though)
- To serve, stir in seltzer and divide among ice-filled glasses. Top with lemon slices or mint to make it pretty.